Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Just to Say Thanks.




I've never experienced a recession quite like this.  Its slow, menacing and takes few prisoners.  I'm watching as it devours many people around me.  Including me.  Including Vince.  My positive outlook on life is being challenged.  I understand and am ok with the fact that my business is new and needs to grow legs.  So far, the feedback has been great. Although I've had a few slow days, overall Orange Crush Studios is holding its own.  But my partner in life, the person I love infinitely is suffering big time.  The day he walked in the house holding the few belongings he brought from his work cubicle.  The moment I saw him standing in the hallway at 2:00 PM on a Tuesday, I fell to the floor crying.  The look on his face.  The sweetness, the sadness.  It was more than I could take.  I knew at that moment he was beaten.  The monster got him.  Now he bartends just to bring home a bit of cash.  He cleans the bar for extra money.  He is paralyzed by fear.  I cant begin to describe how this makes me feel.  We had so much potential.  Big plans.  Security.  Now its gone.  

I'd like to say I am optimistic.  On some level I suppose I am, simply because I have no choice.  I believe in Vince.  He is a good man and a very hard worker.  But we are scared shitless.  

I'm writing this because its the only way I get some relief.  We are ordinary people who just want to earn a living. My heart goes out to everyone who has worked so hard only to have the rug pulled out from under them.  

This has been a difficult post.  But I love Vince with all my heart and truly pray that he will find a good job.  There must some good to balance out all the bad.  I pray that my salon will be so successful that I am amble to take care of both us without worry.  

But we vowed to weather the storm together.  We vowed to support each other in good times and bad.  Whatever I can do to ease this burden, give me the strength to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment